Saturday, May 01, 2010

Care for a taste?

As I promised earlier on this week, here is a new little taste from the book.

"...the night became more intense by every minute, as its cold cloak gnawed at the inner depth of our bones. This time we cuddled up to each other without even asking, hoping that our bodies would heat each others. But they didn’t. The freezing cold was exhausting, and by midnight we were both drained from the tiny earthquakes our bodies had been pulsating out. I was comatosed, and the only thing that reminded me of life, was the nightmares and the biting cold that woke me every now and then. The night seemed to draw on in to infinity, and finally come morning the frost had left me incoherent of what was happening around me. I was able to hear Derrick’s faint voice, as if a fog had clouded up my ears. He was mumbling words every so often, but I was too drained to reply or understand the meaning of them. I now found myself awaiting the sun, but this morning she did not show. Just before passing out again, I felt myself almost floating from the ground. It was Derrick, and barely opening my eyes I was able to see him lifting me up and tying something around my waist. I didn’t understand what he was messing about with, until I felt the floating again. “Don’t move a muscle”, he said..."

No comments:

Post a Comment