Friday, May 14, 2010

A new taste

I would like to give you a little taste of what's coming next. We are still in chapter number two, but I felt I couldn't treat you to chapter three, without showing you a little more of the second chapter.

...They were gathered around a large board which was dressed with food. They were laughing, joking and talking all at once. Instead of following my first instinct which was to run, I set that aside and decided that I didn’t want to escape. I wanted to laugh and smile, and eat and drink. I wanted what they had; I wanted to be a part of them! It didn’t take long before they noticed me, and Derrick was quick getting up and helping me to the square object in the middle of the room. Ma was the first to speak to me. She seemed taken aback of my being out of bed so quickly, and eagerly asked if she could get me something to eat. Before I could reply Derrick interrupted her, introducing me to everyone in the room. “Hey guys, this is Cerin”. Suddenly their faces went from being smiling and friendly, to being shy and almost hidden...

I know it's not very exciting, but again, I couldn't give you a little taste of chapter three, without teasing you with this.

9 comments:

  1. Seems like a nice little part of your book. I want to read more, and wait for even more samples. Can not wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SV; Takk for den fine kommentaren på bloggen min ! Håper du følger med videre. Nye innlegg kommer hele tiden ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Har deg på bloglovin', så jeg får med meg alle oppdateringer =) Gleder meg til å lese mer fra deg, Vemund!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SV: Det utsagnet er lånt fra VG. Derfor man kommer rett til vg om man trykker på det...
    Sorry om du følte det var litt vel dumt sagt <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hei Kari.

    Hvilket utsagn er det du referer til?

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wanted to drop by and say thanks for commenting on my blog. I look forward to more snippets like the above. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. J. Kaye: Thank you very much for popping in, I feel very honored!

    Good luck to yourself with your project!

    ReplyDelete