Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An update

I was googling yesterday, trying to find a picture of the area in the book I see in my head. I have had this picture now for 12 years, never changed (all though the story has a little). Only problem is that the area is in a totally different country than what I am writing about, which is New Zealand, and the other country is America. Seeing that I immagine the book becoming a movie one day (or I write the book as if I am watching the movie) I am now pondering whether to change the country in the book. This will be a huge step for me, so I really need to think about it.

The upside about this is that in America I would have a bigger audience, and there are more publishing companies, but the plot in the book will have to be changed. It was my dream for several years to move to New Zealand, so removing it would in some ways be a defeat for me. I'm gonna have to think real good and hard about it!

By the way I have also contacted a publishing agency in Norway, asking them if they publish English written books, which they didn't. I'm guessing it's the same for the rest of the country, but won't give up yet. As mum says it will be easier to get published in another country first, and then I could think about publishing in Norway.

2 comments:

  1. Hei!

    Snublet tilfeldigvis over bloggen din, og leste den smakebiten du hadde lagt ut av teksten din. Det virker veldig lovende, jeg vil lese mer. :P

    Tenkte bare jeg skulle si at jeg synes ikke du behøver å forandre stedet i boka fordi stedet mangler i virkeligheten. Hvis boken din blir en suksess og omgjort til film, synes jeg filmskaperne kan slite litt med den delen. :) Det er ikke verre enn at de kan filme i Amerika og late som at det er New Zealand. Eller noe lignende. Dette gjør de jo stadig vekk allikevel. Tror ikke det vil svekke verken troverdighet eller fanbase. (Jeg er dog ingen ekspert).

    Dessuten tror jeg moren din har et veldig godt poeng når det gjelder å få den utgitt gjennom et utenlandsk forlag. Da tror jeg du når ut til mange flere!

    Lykke til videre. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hei og takk for svar. Kjempemoro å høre at andre liker det jeg har skrevet =)

    Etter å ha konferert med min mann har vi kommet frem til at hvis jeg skal nå ut til et bredt publikum, så er det bedre om den er skrevet til en plass i amerika. Den new zealandske dialekten kan være noe slitsom, og derfor appelere til et mindre publikum. Jeg har skrevet et nytt innlegg om hvordan jeg har tenkt å ta med den new zealandske biten videre i boka, så den blir ikke helt tapt.

    ReplyDelete