Monday, April 12, 2010

Unfinished business

How do I start my first blog entry? What do I write?

I have wanted to start one for a while now, mostly because I want to write about my family, which isn't my plan for now. But I also do like my family (duh), so maybe I'll share them with you in small portions?

Some dream... I dream... since I was 7 I have dreamed of becoming an author. When I was 12 I began imagining myself to be elsewhere, fantasising my way to a different country - an adventure. It never got further than the thought. But my fantasy was always there - developing. I have made attempts to write it down for some time now. My first try was 5 years ago, but I never even finished the first chapter - bummer

Leading to my want, I WANT to write a book. It's far beyond a dream, far beyond a want - it's a craving! I originally wanted to call this blog "unfinished business". Why, you ask? I have ADD (attention deficit disorder), which doesn't affect my life so much. It probably affects my husband more - as I have half finished projects stacked away in boxes in my hobby room. (Which by the way also is another add on to my unfinished business. When will I ever find the time to unpack the rest of it?) My unfinished projects by the way include:
* A scrap book for my daughter. Half done of course, and then I need to start one for my son, and one for our wedding. Last worked on: 10 months ago
* A big crochet thing which really will be lovely when it's finished (!) Last worked on: 6 years ago
* A knitted jacket for my daughter (it will be too small by the time I'm done with it) Last worked on: A year ago.
* The ceiling in the kitchen and hall needs to be finished painted. Last worked on: 2 months ago
Therefor maybe you could say that this blog is for my husband, so that he won't get too stressed out for all of my projects - too soon.

So these are my dreams and hopes for the future. Now I am on to doing, and there I fall back to the reason for why I have commenced this blog: A book - My biggest project so far!
Have I any experience with writing? No!
Did I suck writing short stories in high school? Yes
Did I learn from it? YES
Did every teacher I had in college encourage me to write more, seeing I was "such a fantastic writer and that I would become something one day?" Yes

And then leading me to December 2009, when I sat down and began writing my first chapter, of a series of three books. Since December I have moved and have been busy with packing, unpacking, painting and decorating, but I am now back on track and have almost finished my second chapter. My DO!

I'm not really sure about these chapters, but if anyone ever reads this blog, I would love to know how many pages in a chapter you mean are appropriate! Right now I'm up to about 16 - 20 pages, with the possibilty to take small pauses in between, so let me know please.

Quotes and updates from the book, pictures from finished projects, and ideas for new ones will be posted now and then. Untill then, I thank you for reading, and I really hope you enjoy following the creation of my book.

2 comments:

  1. Jeg er fryktelig spent på denne boka, tipper den blir suuper, så jeg kommer garantert til å følge deg. De andre prosjektene dine virker ogsp spennende ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gleder meg til å lese mer av boka di! kjempespennede =)

    ReplyDelete