Saturday, July 17, 2010

Not today...

The past three days have been quite crappy. Thursday I was constantly occupied by something. I usually write at night, but Thursday night my eldest decided to throw an hours tantrum when she went to bed. And after a tantrum I always feel like the worlds worst mum and I just can't write.

Yesterday was the same, and today I asked for advice from a mothers forum I go to. They all said let her cry, so she didn't fall asleep untill 10 pm, so that was that evening.

And today she fell asleep after another hourly tantrum, but I forced myself to write some words anyway. I didn't make it to more than 500 words I was so distracted that I was having trouble finding the words. About ever 40th word got stuck on my tongue. Easy words even, like the synonym for stomach which is torso - which I know, but couldn't remember. And then on days like this I keep thinking in Norwegian, because that's an easy language (you barely have any synonyms in Norwegian) and I'm the worst translater. So what I'm trying to say is that the book of Thesaurus and Google translater were my best and worst friends today.

Hoping for a more productive day tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. keep up the good work my friend.
    warm greeting from Indonesia 0_0!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SV: Enig med deg at Titanic var en bra film, og Leonardo er nok en veldig god skuespiller, han ødela bare litt min interesse i Shutter Island og da blir man på en måte så negativ. Jeg må nok se den nyeste filmen hans og håper virkelig at han spiller denne BRA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to rock (in a HUGE rocking chair) my kids...even when they were pretty darn big. It relaxed me and them. When they were older, I let them stay up later to read. Of course, I made their bedtime an hour earlier. ;) Usually in an hour or two, they were sound asleep with a book in their bed.

    ReplyDelete