Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The holiday is officially over

My daughters holiday is officially over, and she is now back in kindergarten. I thought this would give me time to write my novel, but as I was putting Sophie to bed and Max was content with a biscuit downstairs as usual, I was just about to sing to Sophie when I heard a familiar sound on the stairs. I ran to the top and I almost had a heartattack: Max was halfway up the stairs! I could feel my pulse racing, because I knew if I startled him he would have a fright and fall. Those 6 steps down to him took only two seconds but lasted forever. I managed to grab his arm and get him safely down stairs. What amazes me is that I had barricaded (B-A-R-R-I-C-A-D-E-D) the stairs with a gate, a suitcase and a chair, + I'd thrown a rug over it all. But still the little rascal had managed to climb through it all, and he only needed a few seconds. I mean, he's only 11 months, he's not supposed to be climbing stairs yet! (Note to self: Stop comparing Max with Sophie's development)

It gave me a real fright, so from now on Max is going to bed first, then Sophie afterwards!

So what I'm trying to say: The novel writing will still have to be done in the evenings after the children have gone to bed. And seeing I am shattered most evenings, the writing process won't be any quicker than it has been so far. So much for finishing a book in 2010!

This photo is of my husband, Sophie, Max and me on a walk up a hill in Llandudno, Wales.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SV: Hahahahaha. HUff da. Høres ut som en forferdelig kino opplevelse ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SV: hahahahaha. Så herlig :D det må ha betydd noe ja :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. SV: Det skal nok stå 31.juli ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. SV Så forferdelig å bli glemt igjen. Forstår godt at du var redd da ja. HUff.. Det hadde helt klart jeg blitt også :)
    Filmen var ganske så spennende :) Bør sees :D

    ReplyDelete